Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Phillips 66 ( PSX) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Phillips 66 rose $1.28 (1.7%) to $77.53 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,058,550 shares of Phillips 66 exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,562,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $75.90-$78.31 after having opened the day at $76.23 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $76.25. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Ur-Energy ( URG), up 16.8%, Uranium Resources ( URRE), up 13.7%, Avalon Rare Metals ( AVL), up 10.3% and Denison Mines Corporation ( DNN), up 9.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Phillips 66 Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.