- PRGO has 14x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 1.13 mentions/day.
- PRGO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $206.1 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PRGO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PRGO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PRGO: Perrigo is buying Canam Care as of Jan 2012 for $36. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.3%. PRGO has a PE ratio of 32.8. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Perrigo Company a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Perrigo Company has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Perrigo has a market cap of $21.3 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.08 and a short float of 2.2% with 1.59 days to cover. Shares are up 4.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Perrigo Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- PRGO's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.39, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, PRGO has a quick ratio of 1.51, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- 43.25% is the gross profit margin for PERRIGO CO PLC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -8.79% is in-line with the industry average.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, PRGO's share price has jumped by 41.09%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- PERRIGO CO PLC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PERRIGO CO PLC increased its bottom line by earning $4.67 versus $4.18 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.62 versus $4.67).
- You can view the full Perrigo Company Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.