- Cloud readiness assessment, including evaluating the customer’s current technology environment and business needs, identifying the appropriate cloud service model, and developing a roadmap for implementing the right cloud and service solutions.
- Cloud strategy and workload alignment, encompassing an evaluation of application workloads for cloud computing suitability, analysis of infrastructure impact and financial feasibility, identification of the best-fit service provider, and development of an implementation plan.
- Service catalog design and deployment, providing an evaluation of business requirements and IT capabilities as well as a deployment plan for creating a self-service portal enabling business users to submit IT service requests.
- Service automation and orchestration planning, laying the groundwork for automated provisioning of compute, storage, network and operating system resources required to fulfill requests submitted through the portal without manual intervention.
- IT process design and deployment, establishing process manuals, flows, KPIs, procedures and policies to help IT teams improve operational efficiency, service delivery and governance in order to meet their commitments.
Datalink also offers a fully functional cloud demonstration environment called Datalink on Demand Labs for validating cloud use cases, plus a full range of other professional services for architecting and deploying data center technology implementations. More information on Datalink consulting services is available at www.datalink.com/cloud-service-management.About Datalink A complete data center solutions and services provider for Fortune 500 and mid-tier enterprises, Datalink transforms data centers so they become more efficient, manageable and responsive to changing business needs. Datalink helps leverage and protect storage, server, and network investments with a focus on long-term value, offering a full lifecycle of services, from consulting and design to implementation, management and support. Datalink solutions span virtualization and consolidation, data storage and protection, advanced network infrastructures, business continuity, and cloud enablement. Each delivers measurable performance gains and maximizes the business value of IT. For more information, call 800.448.6314 or visit www.datalink.com Additional Resources Follow Datalink on Twitter , Blog , YouTube , Facebook , and LinkedIn .