- BLMN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $21.4 million.
- BLMN has traded 587,599 shares today.
- BLMN traded in a range 226% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.47.
- BLMN traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 84 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 84 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BLMN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BLMN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BLMN: Bloomin' Brands, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, owns and operates casual, polished casual, and fine dining restaurants primarily in the United States. BLMN has a PE ratio of 17.2. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Bloomin Brands a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Bloomin Brands has been 717,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Bloomin has a market cap of $2.8 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. Shares are down 4.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Bloomin Brands as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, revenue growth and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to other companies in the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry and the overall market, BLOOMIN' BRANDS INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- BLMN's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 5.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Looking ahead, our view is that this company's fundamentals will not have much impact in either direction, allowing the stock to generally move up or down based on the push and pull of the broad market.
- The gross profit margin for BLOOMIN' BRANDS INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 13.40%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 1.16% significantly trails the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 3.49 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company.
- You can view the full Bloomin Brands Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.