Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Hawaiian Holdings ( HA) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Hawaiian Holdings as such a stock due to the following factors:
- HA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $12.6 million.
- HA has traded 43,785 shares today.
- HA is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HA: Hawaiian Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiary, Hawaiian Airlines, Inc., is engaged in the scheduled air transportation of passengers and cargo. HA has a PE ratio of 11.2. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Hawaiian Holdings a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Hawaiian Holdings has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Hawaiian has a market cap of $577.7 million and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 1.02 and a short float of 10.8% with 4.90 days to cover. Shares are up 17.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Hawaiian Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth, attractive valuation levels, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 542.85% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 89.02% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, HA should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- HA's revenue growth trails the industry average of 31.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- HAWAIIAN HOLDINGS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HAWAIIAN HOLDINGS INC reported lower earnings of $0.95 versus $1.00 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.17 versus $0.95).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Airlines industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 601.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$3.41 million to $17.08 million.
- You can view the full Hawaiian Holdings Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.