- VRTX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $124.5 million.
- VRTX is down 4.1% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VRTX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VRTX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on VRTX: Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated is engaged in discovering, developing, manufacturing, and commercializing small molecule drugs for patients with serious diseases. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Vertex Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Vertex Pharmaceuticals has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Vertex has a market cap of $19.8 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of -0.17 and a short float of 2.5% with 3.56 days to cover. Shares are up 14.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Vertex Pharmaceuticals as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, increase in net income and revenue growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income increased by 158.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$76.15 million to $44.29 million.
- VRTX's revenue growth trails the industry average of 15.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.37, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 3.90 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $28.86 million or 28.85% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, VERTEX PHARMACEUTICALS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Vertex Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.