Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Avnet ( AVT) pushed the Wholesale industry lower today making it today's featured Wholesale laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Avnet fell $0.53 (-1.2%) to $42.83 on average volume. Throughout the day, 681,691 shares of Avnet exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 847,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $42.82-$43.45 after having opened the day at $43.44 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $43.36. Other companies within the Wholesale industry that declined today were: Armco Metals Holdings ( AMCO), down 5.2%, Empire Resources Incorporated ( ERS), down 3.4%, Omnicare ( OCR), down 2.3% and RTI International Metals ( RTI), down 2.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Avnet Ratings Report.
- Use our wholesale section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.