Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Kinder Morgan Energy Partners ( KMP) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Kinder Morgan Energy Partners fell $4.12 (-5.2%) to $74.32 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 10,527,475 shares of Kinder Morgan Energy Partners exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,257,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $73.25-$76.00 after having opened the day at $75.73 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $78.44. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: Mexco Energy Corporation ( MXC), down 8.4%, Lucas Energy ( LEI), down 6.9%, MagneGas Corporation ( MNGA), down 6.2% and Magnum Hunter Resources Corporation ( MHR), down 5.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Kinder Morgan Energy Partners Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.