Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Ariad Pharmaceuticals ( ARIA) pushed the Drugs industry lower today making it today's featured Drugs laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Ariad Pharmaceuticals fell $0.24 (-2.7%) to $8.63 on light volume. Throughout the day, 15,517,492 shares of Ariad Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 30,858,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $8.52-$8.95 after having opened the day at $8.90 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $8.87. Other companies within the Drugs industry that declined today were: Five Prime Therapeutics ( FPRX), down 10.1%, Cardiome Pharma Corporation ( CRME), down 5.9%, Echo Therapeutics ( ECTE), down 5.7% and Fibrocell Science ( FCSC), down 5.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Ariad Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.