Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. NRG Energy ( NRG) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, NRG Energy rose $0.32 (1.1%) to $28.88 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,165,728 shares of NRG Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,529,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $28.55-$29.10 after having opened the day at $28.66 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $28.56. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: Cadiz ( CDZI), up 6.8%, Empresa Distribuidora y Comercializadora No ( EDN), up 3.4%, Summit Midstream Partners ( SMLP), up 2.4% and SJW Corporation ( SJW), up 2.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full NRG Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.