Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. LinkedIn ( LNKD) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, LinkedIn rose $6.97 (3.6%) to $199.59 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,719,888 shares of LinkedIn exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,580,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $191.51-$199.88 after having opened the day at $191.72 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $192.62. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: Pulse Electronics ( PULS), up 51.4%, Dynasil Corporation of America ( DYSL), up 44.9%, Triquint Semiconductor ( TQNT), up 26.1% and RF Micro Devices ( RFMD), up 21.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full LinkedIn Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.