Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Royal Gold ( RGLD) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Royal Gold rose $0.89 (1.3%) to $68.00 on average volume. Throughout the day, 992,651 shares of Royal Gold exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 941,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $67.55-$69.48 after having opened the day at $68.02 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $67.11. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: James River Coal Company ( JRCC), up 9.5%, Solitario Exploration & Royalty ( XPL), up 9.3%, China Natural Resources ( CHNR), up 7.4% and International Tower Hill Mines ( THM), up 6.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Royal Gold Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.