Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Illumina ( ILMN) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Illumina rose $4.48 (2.6%) to $178.53 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,349,883 shares of Illumina exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,772,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $174.23-$180.74 after having opened the day at $175.26 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $174.05. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: RXi Pharmaceuticals ( RXII), up 28.5%, Celladon ( CLDN), up 25.5%, SunLink Health Systems ( SSY), up 17.1% and Inovio Pharmaceuticals ( INO), up 15.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Illumina Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.