Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. American Express ( AXP) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, American Express rose $1.17 (1.3%) to $89.92 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,199,388 shares of American Express exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,059,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $88.79-$90.43 after having opened the day at $88.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $88.75. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Royal Bancshares of Pennsylvania ( RBPAA), up 42.4%, Elbit Imaging ( EMITF), up 37.4%, PowerShares DB Base Metals Long ETN ( BDG), up 28.4% and PowerShares DB Base Metals Short ETN ( BOS), up 19.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full American Express Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.