Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Chevron ( CVX) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Chevron rose $1.47 (1.3%) to $114.15 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7,305,419 shares of Chevron exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,226,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $113.05-$115.00 after having opened the day at $113.37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $112.68. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Camac Energy ( CAK), up 19.1%, KiOR ( KIOR), up 14.9%, Earthstone Energy ( ESTE), up 10.5% and Saratoga Resources ( SARA), up 10.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Chevron Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.