Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Amgen ( AMGN) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Amgen rose $1.94 (1.6%) to $125.79 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,603,583 shares of Amgen exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,161,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $124.20-$126.59 after having opened the day at $124.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $123.85. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: RXi Pharmaceuticals ( RXII), up 28.5%, Celladon ( CLDN), up 25.5%, Inovio Pharmaceuticals ( INO), up 15.5% and Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corporation ( TKMR), up 12.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Amgen Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.