Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Axiall ( AXLL) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Axiall rose $0.63 (1.6%) to $40.61 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,163,547 shares of Axiall exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 892,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $39.42-$41.60 after having opened the day at $40.13 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $39.98. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: Pacific Ethanol ( PEIX), up 7.4%, Gevo ( GEVO), up 6.6%, Lightbridge ( LTBR), up 6.5% and Solazyme ( SZYM), up 6.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Axiall Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.