Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. EOG Resources ( EOG) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, EOG Resources rose $2.39 (1.3%) to $180.39 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,355,785 shares of EOG Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,872,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $177.03-$181.62 after having opened the day at $178.43 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $178.00. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Camac Energy ( CAK), up 19.1%, KiOR ( KIOR), up 14.9%, Earthstone Energy ( ESTE), up 10.5% and Saratoga Resources ( SARA), up 10.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full EOG Resources Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.