Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Pool ( POOL) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Pool as such a stock due to the following factors:
- POOL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $12.0 million.
- POOL has traded 1,376 shares today.
- POOL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in POOL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for POOL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on POOL: Pool Corporation engages in the distribution of swimming pool and related backyard products primarily in North America and Europe. The company offers approximately 160,000 national brand and its own-branded products to wholesale customers. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.3%. POOL has a PE ratio of 28.2. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Pool a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Pool has been 189,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Pool has a market cap of $2.7 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer durables industry. The stock has a beta of 0.93 and a short float of 4.2% with 9.22 days to cover. Shares are down 0.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Pool as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- POOL's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 10.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- POOL CORP has improved earnings per share by 35.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, POOL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.03 versus $1.70 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.42 versus $2.03).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Distributors industry. The net income increased by 37.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$8.00 million to -$4.98 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Distributors industry and the overall market, POOL CORP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 1039.87% to $51.24 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, POOL CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 59.22%.
- You can view the full Pool Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.