- EAT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $33.7 million.
- EAT has traded 310 shares today.
- EAT is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EAT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EAT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EAT: Brinker International, Inc. owns, develops, operates, and franchises full-service casual dining restaurants under the Chili's Grill & Bar and Maggiano's Little Italy brands primarily in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.9%. EAT has a PE ratio of 21.4. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Brinker International a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Brinker International has been 910,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Brinker International has a market cap of $3.4 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 0.61 and a short float of 5.7% with 5.01 days to cover. Shares are up 10% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Brinker International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- EAT's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 5.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 63.64% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, EAT should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- BRINKER INTL INC has improved earnings per share by 16.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, BRINKER INTL INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.21 versus $1.89 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.72 versus $2.21).
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry and the overall market, BRINKER INTL INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 6.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $37.18 million to $39.74 million.
- You can view the full Brinker International Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.