- AKRX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $17.9 million.
- AKRX has traded 60,075 shares today.
- AKRX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AKRX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AKRX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AKRX: Akorn, Inc. manufactures and markets diagnostic and therapeutic ophthalmic pharmaceuticals products, hospital drugs, and injectable pharmaceuticals in the United States and internationally. AKRX has a PE ratio of 62.8. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Akorn a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Akorn has been 808,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Akorn has a market cap of $2.4 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.21 and a short float of 11.1% with 12.11 days to cover. Shares are up 2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Akorn as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 2.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 17.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.45, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.07, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, AKORN INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $21.01 million or 39.83% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, AKORN INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -43.31%.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, AKRX's share price has jumped by 96.86%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- You can view the full Akorn Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.