Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Celgene Corporation (Nasdaq: CELG) has been reiterated by TheStreet Ratings as a buy with a ratings score of B. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- CELG's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 15.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 21.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, CELGENE CORP's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for CELGENE CORP is currently very high, coming in at 96.51%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 12.21% trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $550.70 million or 12.29% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, CELGENE CORP's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 42.25%.
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.