Update (9:35 a.m.) Updated with Monday market open information.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Pacific Crest upgraded Comcast (CMCSA) to "outperform" from "sector perform" and set a $66 target price. The firm noted the Time Warner (TWC) merger will allow the company to grow the business through bundling.
The stock was rising 1.06% to $51.59 shortly after the market opened on Monday.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates COMCAST CORP as a "buy" with a ratings score of A+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate COMCAST CORP (CMCSA) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- CMCSA's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 4.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The strong earnings growth this company has enjoyed -- up -- has apparently played a role in driving up its share price by a solid 26.39%. In addition, the rise in the general market has likely contributed to this stock's strong performance during this past year.Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, CMCSA should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- COMCAST CORP has improved earnings per share by 28.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, COMCAST CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.56 versus $2.29 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.74 versus $2.56).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Media industry average. The net income increased by 26.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1,518.00 million to $1,913.00 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: CMCSA Ratings Report