- RFMD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $37.5 million.
- RFMD traded 813,184 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:12 AM, representing 15.8% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RFMD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RFMD NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on RFMD: RF Micro Devices, Inc. engages in the design, development, manufacture, and marketing of radio frequency (RF) solutions for original equipment manufacturers and original design manufacturers in wireless and wired communications applications in the United States and internationally. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate RF Micro Devices a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for RF Micro Devices has been 6.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. RF Micro Devices has a market cap of $1.7 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 0.96 and a short float of 5.2% with 2.78 days to cover. Shares are up 15.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates RF Micro Devices as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- RFMD's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 5.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.4%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- RFMD's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.13 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.49, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- RF MICRO DEVICES INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, RF MICRO DEVICES INC reported poor results of -$0.20 versus $0.00 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.42 versus -$0.20).
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, RF MICRO DEVICES INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full RF Micro Devices Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.