- PFE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $714.9 million.
- PFE traded 21,934 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:31 AM.
- PFE is up 2% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PFE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PFE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PFE: Pfizer Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, discovers, develops, manufactures, and sells medicines for people and animals worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.3%. PFE has a PE ratio of 14.2. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Pfizer a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Pfizer has been 25.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Pfizer has a market cap of $204.0 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.76 and a short float of 0.7% with 2.24 days to cover. Shares are up 3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Pfizer as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- PFIZER INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, PFIZER INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.65 versus $1.20 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.26 versus $1.65).
- The gross profit margin for PFIZER INC is currently very high, coming in at 71.93%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 19.03% is above that of the industry average.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- PFE, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 2.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.9%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Pharmaceuticals industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 59.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $6,315.00 million to $2,568.00 million.
- You can view the full Pfizer Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.