Mobile World Congress – Plantronics (NYSE: PLT), a pioneer in wearable technology, today announced its latest wireless stereo headphones, BackBeat FIT. Custom-built for use during an active lifestyle, BackBeat FIT combines comfort, fit and stability with Plantronics’ renowned audio excellence. Connecting to devices wirelessly via Bluetooth®, the small, lightweight BackBeat FIT lets users focus on fitness and enjoy their music, providing superior stereo performance and eliminating the distraction of tangled cords. Its unique, flexible design provides a comfortable, secure fit whatever your activity level. BackBeat FIT will be available worldwide starting in April 2014.
- Stable, comfortable fit: BackBeat FIT stays in place. Its soft-but-strong, flexible headband and in-ear stabilizers ensure a snug, stable fit that is comfortable, no matter how active the user gets.
- Durable, sweat-proof design: Designed to handle the hardest workouts, BackBeat FIT has a rugged, sweat-proof design plus extra protection from Plantronics’ exclusive P2i sweat- and weather-proof nano-coating.
- Safety first: The bright colors and reflective materials of BackBeat FIT help protect the user day or night, and its unique, safety-oriented eartip design allows the user to be more aware of their surroundings.
- Two-in-one armband/carrying case: Get moving right out of the box with the included smartphone armband – it secures a smartphone and car key during a work out, and reverses to act as a protective carrying case for the headphones when they’re not in use.
- Small form factor, big battery life: BackBeat FIT packs power for a week’s worth of workouts – up to 8 hours of listening time. Plus, it offers DeepSleep, a hibernation mode which keeps the headphones charged and ready to use for up to six months.
- Superior stereo headphones: Offering powerful speakers and a custom codec, BackBeat FIT delivers music’s rich bass and crisp highs to keep you moving.
- Wireless Bluetooth technology: Enjoy tangle-free music, videos and calls by easily connecting, cord-free, to a smartphone.
- Hands-off control: BackBeat FIT headphones built-in microphone allows users to take and make occasional phone calls without having to touch their mobile device. Easy-to-access on-ear controls let them control their music with the touch of a finger.
- Gets better over time: Over-the-air firmware updates, delivered via a smartphone app, make it easy to keep the headphones performing optimally and always have the latest software features, as well as documentation on the product features and functionality.
1 - Google Consumer Survey, “Workout With Music,” September 2013