Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. FirstEnergy ( FE) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, FirstEnergy fell $0.56 (-1.7%) to $31.70 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,472,749 shares of FirstEnergy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,388,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $31.68-$32.43 after having opened the day at $32.23 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.26. Other companies within the Utilities sector that declined today were: Ocean Power Technologies ( OPTT), down 5.5%, Atlantic Power Corporation ( AT), down 2.6%, Fuelcell Energy ( FCEL), down 1.8% and Summit Midstream Partners ( SMLP), down 1.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full FirstEnergy Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.