Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Valmont Industries ( VMI) pushed the Industrial Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Industrial Goods laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Valmont Industries fell $9.52 (-6.1%) to $145.94 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,225,318 shares of Valmont Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 245,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $144.75-$148.87 after having opened the day at $145.03 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $155.46. Other companies within the Industrial Goods sector that declined today were: MRC Global ( MRC), down 15.4%, Interface ( TILE), down 7.3%, IntriCon Corporation ( IIN), down 6.4% and Integrated Electrical Services ( IESC), down 5.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Valmont Industries Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.