Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Sigma-Aldrich Corporation ( SIAL) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Sigma-Aldrich Corporation fell $1.01 (-1.1%) to $93.02 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,054,886 shares of Sigma-Aldrich Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 615,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $92.98-$94.48 after having opened the day at $93.42 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $94.03. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Synthesis Energy Sys ( SYMX), down 8.4%, Axiall ( AXLL), down 8.0%, Lightbridge ( LTBR), down 6.7% and Flexible Solutions International ( FSI), down 5.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Sigma-Aldrich Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.