Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Pioneer Natural Resources Company ( PXD) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Pioneer Natural Resources Company fell $2.52 (-1.3%) to $187.08 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,438,783 shares of Pioneer Natural Resources Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,821,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $186.43-$190.50 after having opened the day at $190.24 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $189.60. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: China Gengsheng Minerals ( CHGS), down 17.4%, Endeavour International ( END), down 12.4%, Synthesis Energy Sys ( SYMX), down 8.4% and Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation ( COG), down 8.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Pioneer Natural Resources Company Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.