Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Intuit ( INTU) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Intuit rose $3.39 (4.6%) to $77.24 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5,375,525 shares of Intuit exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,798,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $74.20-$78.74 after having opened the day at $75.47 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $73.85. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: Pulse Electronics ( PULS), up 25.8%, Authentidate Holding Corporation ( ADAT), up 18.3%, CommScope ( COMM), up 15.6% and Applied Optoelectronics ( AAOI), up 15.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Intuit Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.