Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. US Silica Holdings ( SLCA) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, US Silica Holdings rose $0.82 (2.7%) to $31.69 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,540,954 shares of US Silica Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,707,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $30.84-$31.94 after having opened the day at $31.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.87. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Solitario Exploration & Royalty ( XPL), up 22.8%, James River Coal Company ( JRCC), up 8.4%, Thompson Creek Metals Company ( TC), up 7.9% and Denison Mines Corporation ( DNN), up 6.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full US Silica Holdings Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.