Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Agrium ( AGU) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Agrium rose $1.75 (2.0%) to $90.53 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,069,963 shares of Agrium exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 741,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $88.56-$91.51 after having opened the day at $88.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $88.78. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Ikonics Corporation ( IKNX), up 51.6%, Solitario Exploration & Royalty ( XPL), up 22.8%, GeoPark ( GPRK), up 10.6% and James River Coal Company ( JRCC), up 8.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Agrium Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.