Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. State Street ( STT) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, State Street rose $0.70 (1.0%) to $68.52 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,827,232 shares of State Street exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,290,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $67.75-$69.03 after having opened the day at $68.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $67.82. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: Royal Bancshares of Pennsylvania ( RBPAA), up 14.1%, VelocityShares 3x Long Natural Gas ETN ( UGAZ), up 9.7%, Bank Bradesco ( BBDO), up 7.3% and Wayne Savings ( WAYN), up 6.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full State Street Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.