Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Trimble Navigation ( TRMB) as a "water-logged and getting wetter" (weak stocks crossing below support with today's range greater than 200%) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Trimble Navigation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TRMB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $86.1 million.
- TRMB has traded 793,764 shares today.
- TRMB traded in a range 277.6% of the normal price range with a price range of $3.17.
- TRMB traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 8 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 8 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TRMB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TRMB NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TRMB: Trimble Navigation Limited designs and distributes positioning products and applications enabled by global positioning system (GPS), optical, laser, and wireless communications technology. TRMB has a PE ratio of 24.1. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Trimble Navigation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Trimble Navigation has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Trimble Navigation has a market cap of $9.8 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.47 and a short float of 2.4% with 2.72 days to cover. Shares are up 11.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Trimble Navigation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 4.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 16.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- TRIMBLE NAVIGATION LTD reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TRIMBLE NAVIGATION LTD increased its bottom line by earning $0.84 versus $0.75 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.75 versus $0.84).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry. The net income increased by 80.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $33.19 million to $60.00 million.
- The gross profit margin for TRIMBLE NAVIGATION LTD is rather high; currently it is at 58.04%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 10.01% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $136.23 million or 40.72% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, TRIMBLE NAVIGATION LTD has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -15.87%.
- You can view the full Trimble Navigation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.