Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Helix Energy Solutions Group (NYSE: HLX) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- HLX's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 8.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- HELIX ENERGY SOLUTIONS GROUP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HELIX ENERGY SOLUTIONS GROUP turned its bottom line around by earning $1.04 versus -$0.67 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.60 versus $1.04).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Energy Equipment & Services industry. The net income increased by 121.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$171.53 million to $36.50 million.
- 43.27% is the gross profit margin for HELIX ENERGY SOLUTIONS GROUP which we consider to be strong. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 16.09% is above that of the industry average.