Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Seattle Genetics ( SGEN) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Seattle Genetics as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SGEN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $67.2 million.
- SGEN has traded 2,912 shares today.
- SGEN is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SGEN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SGEN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SGEN: Seattle Genetics, Inc., a biotechnology company, focuses on the development and commercialization of monoclonal antibody-based therapies for cancer. Its product candidate, ADCETRIS, has accelerated approval form the U.S. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Seattle Genetics a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Seattle Genetics has been 950,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Seattle has a market cap of $6.4 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.07 and a short float of 19.2% with 12.91 days to cover. Shares are up 29% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Seattle Genetics as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SEATTLE GENETICS INC's earnings per share declined by 44.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SEATTLE GENETICS INC reported poor results of -$0.52 versus -$0.47 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 86.5% in earnings (-$0.97 versus -$0.52).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 47.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$10.60 million to -$15.67 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, SEATTLE GENETICS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, SGEN's share price has jumped by 83.89%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in SGEN do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 15.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- You can view the full Seattle Genetics Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.