Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Manhattan Associates ( MANH) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Manhattan Associates as such a stock due to the following factors:
- MANH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $17.9 million.
- MANH has traded 36,922 shares today.
- MANH is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MANH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MANH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MANH: Manhattan Associates, Inc. develops, sells, deploys, services, and maintains supply chain commerce software solutions for retailers, wholesalers, manufacturers, governments, and other organizations to enhance their supply chain operations from planning through execution. MANH has a PE ratio of 39.9. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Manhattan Associates a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Manhattan Associates has been 471,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Manhattan Associates has a market cap of $2.6 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.35 and a short float of 2.4% with 3.30 days to cover. Shares are up 16.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Manhattan Associates as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MANH's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 10.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- MANH has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, MANH has a quick ratio of 1.96, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, MANHATTAN ASSOCIATES INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 39.68% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 100.26% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, MANH should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- MANHATTAN ASSOCIATES INC has improved earnings per share by 39.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MANHATTAN ASSOCIATES INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.87 versus $0.64 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.02 versus $0.87).
- You can view the full Manhattan Associates Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.