- IOC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $24.4 million.
- IOC traded 43,562 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:39 AM, representing 10.2% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in IOC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for IOC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on IOC: MN (4.27.08): Shown through Houlihan, from correspondence below. We looked, determined that would require considerable equity participation, which seemed to cool the process. IOC has a PE ratio of 891.7. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate InterOil Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for InterOil Corporation has been 1.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. InterOil has a market cap of $2.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are up 3.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates InterOil Corporation as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself, feeble growth in its earnings per share, unimpressive growth in net income, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 26.06%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 218.18% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Despite the heavy decline in its share price, this stock is still more expensive (when compared to its current earnings) than most other companies in its industry.
- INTEROIL CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, INTEROIL CORP reported lower earnings of $0.02 versus $0.34 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 218.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $5.34 million to -$6.32 million.
- The gross profit margin for INTEROIL CORP is currently extremely low, coming in at 9.93%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -2.07% trails that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $26.14 million or 11.68% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow INTEROIL CORP is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -50.31%.
- You can view the full InterOil Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.