DALLAS, Feb. 20, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Builders FirstSource, Inc. (Nasdaq:BLDR), a leading supplier and manufacturer of structural and related building products for residential new construction in the United States, today reported its results for the fourth quarter and fiscal year ended December 31, 2013. Fourth quarter highlights include the following (see financial schedules for more information, including non-GAAP reconciliations):
- Fourth quarter 2013 sales of $369.1 million, an increase of 28.3 percent over the fourth quarter of 2012.
- Gross margin percentage improved 220 bps, to 22.4 percent, compared to 20.2 percent in the fourth quarter of 2012.
- Operating income was $13.3 million compared to $0.1 million in the fourth quarter of 2012.
- Net income improved to $4.5 million, up from a net loss of ($12.0) million for the fourth quarter of 2012.
- Adjusted EBITDA was $16.2 million for the current quarter compared to Adjusted EBITDA of $3.4 million for the fourth quarter of 2012.