Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Wal-Mart Stores ( WMT) pushed the Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Retail laggard. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Wal-Mart Stores fell $1.33 (-1.8%) to $73.52 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 13,003,972 shares of Wal-Mart Stores exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,244,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $72.81-$74.00 after having opened the day at $73.24 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $74.85. Other companies within the Retail industry that declined today were: Conn's ( CONN), down 42.9%, Fresh Market ( TFM), down 7.5%, J.C. Penney ( JCP), down 5.8% and Fairway Group Holdings Corp Class A ( FWM), down 3.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Wal-Mart Stores Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.