Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. SLM ( SLM) pushed the Financial Services industry lower today making it today's featured Financial Services laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, SLM fell $0.30 (-1.3%) to $23.41 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,991,788 shares of SLM exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,259,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $23.32-$23.82 after having opened the day at $23.65 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $23.71. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that declined today were: Blackhawk Network Holdings ( HAWK), down 20.2%, Cash Store Financial Services ( CSFS), down 13.2%, Direxion Daily Gold Miners Bear 3X Shares ( DUST), down 10.6% and Barclays Short B Leveraged Inverse S&P 500 ( BXDB), down 7.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full SLM Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.