Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Ventas ( VTR) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Ventas fell $0.76 (-1.2%) to $61.15 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,291,843 shares of Ventas exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,868,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $60.92-$62.49 after having opened the day at $62.07 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $61.91. Other companies within the Financial sector that declined today were: Elbit Imaging ( EMITF), down 39.7%, Blackhawk Network Holdings ( HAWK), down 20.2%, Employers Holdings ( EIG), down 15.4% and Cash Store Financial Services ( CSFS), down 13.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Ventas Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.