Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Synaptics ( SYNA) pushed the Computer Hardware industry lower today making it today's featured Computer Hardware laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Synaptics fell $0.95 (-1.5%) to $62.10 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,568,532 shares of Synaptics exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,142,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $61.22-$63.32 after having opened the day at $62.81 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $63.05. Other companies within the Computer Hardware industry that declined today were: Cray ( CRAY), down 2.9%, Mad Catz Interactive ( MCZ), down 2.3% and Echelon Corporation ( ELON), down 1.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Synaptics Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.