Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Williams Partners ( WPZ) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Williams Partners fell $0.88 (-1.8%) to $48.65 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,760,364 shares of Williams Partners exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 651,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $48.12-$49.72 after having opened the day at $49.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.53. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Metabolix ( MBLX), down 5.2%, Gevo ( GEVO), down 3.2% and Synthesis Energy Sys ( SYMX), down 1.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Williams Partners Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.