Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Dominion Resources ( D) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Dominion Resources rose $0.86 (1.2%) to $71.50 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,991,338 shares of Dominion Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,479,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $70.61-$71.73 after having opened the day at $70.66 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $70.64. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: CPFL Energy ( CPL), up 5.3%, Ocean Power Technologies ( OPTT), up 5.3%, Empresa Distribuidora y Comercializadora No ( EDN), up 4.8% and Consolidated Water Company ( CWCO), up 4.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Dominion Resources Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.