Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. BlackBerry ( BBRY) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, BlackBerry rose $0.34 (3.8%) to $9.35 on average volume. Throughout the day, 34,143,040 shares of BlackBerry exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 26,471,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $9.27-$9.57 after having opened the day at $9.45 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $9.01. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Sky-mobi ( MOBI), up 17.4%, On Track Innovations ( OTIV), up 14.4%, Net Element ( NETE), up 12.4% and ARRIS Group ( ARRS), up 12.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full BlackBerry Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.