Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Actavis ( ACT) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Actavis rose $9.81 (4.7%) to $220.37 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5,670,722 shares of Actavis exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,636,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $210.49-$222.24 after having opened the day at $211.45 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $210.56. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical ( RARE), up 17.1%, Raptor Pharmaceutical ( RPTP), up 14.9%, Biolase ( BIOL), up 12.4% and China Biologic Products ( CBPO), up 11.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Actavis Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.