Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. PepsiCo ( PEP) pushed the Food & Beverage industry higher today making it today's featured food & beverage winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, PepsiCo rose $0.91 (1.2%) to $78.01 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 9,443,125 shares of PepsiCo exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,125,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $77.37-$78.87 after having opened the day at $77.43 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $77.10. Other companies within the Food & Beverage industry that increased today were: Amira Nature Foods ( ANFI), up 5.6%, Crystal Rock Holdings ( CRVP), up 5.5%, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters ( GMCR), up 4.9% and China New Borun Corporation ( BORN), up 4.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full PepsiCo Ratings Report.
- Use our food & beverage section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.