Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. E*Trade Financial ( ETFC) pushed the Financial Services industry higher today making it today's featured financial services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, E*Trade Financial rose $0.23 (1.0%) to $22.73 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,900,725 shares of E*Trade Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,374,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $22.19-$22.78 after having opened the day at $22.43 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.50. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that increased today were: Direxion Daily Gold Miners Bull 3X Shares ( NUGT), up 11.1%, Market Vectors Junior Gold Miners ETF ( GDXJ), up 6.4%, Paulson Capital ( PLCC), up 6.2% and ProShares Ultra Russell MidCap Value ( UVU), up 6.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full E*Trade Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.